Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Day Which Must Not be Named

I've never been huge on Valentine's Day, so it's not something that I jump to celebrate. However, I do have a wonderful boyfriend who loves to eat, and I love to bake, so I thought a nice, chocolate-y treat would be an acceptable middle ground. And, wow, did I find an amazing recipe.

I hadn't made cookies in awhile, so I wanted to find a semi-romantic cookie recipe. Chocolate was a must, but I wanted to find something fruity as well. I correctly assumed that the boy would like the combination of raspberry and chocolate, so I finally settled on this incredible concoction. The result caused one of my biggest baking fans to say that it might well be her favorite thing that I have ever made. So I definitely consider that a win.

Unfortunately I only had milk chocolate chips, so if I could change anything, I would definitely have used dark chocolate. I also considered using sea salt, but the combination of chocolate, white chocolate and raspberry was tasty enough. Also, I'd probably use a little more chocolate, but that's just a personal preference.


For those who know me, you know that this is just about as romantic as I get. Unless I were to receive a really meaningful card...


1 comment:

Mattie B said...

Now you know very well that Valentine's Day is not The Day Which Must Not Be Named. That was two weeks earlier.